Prep time 30 minutes
- 1 Muffin mix
- 2/3 cups of milk
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 cup of raisins
- 1 egg
Grease muffin container. Set stove to 350. Combine egg, milk, vegetable oil to a bowel and whisk. Add the dry mix with minimal mixing. Add chocolate chips and raisins. Bake for 18-20.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 mashed bananas
- 2 make your own muffin mix
- 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups of walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Beat eggs, oil, bananas together
3. Add walnuts, chocolate and 2 make your own muffin mix
4. Add to greased muffin tray
5. Bake for 20 minutes
1 small onion finely chopped
1 cup of shredded carrots
1 heaping cup of frozen corn
1 1/2 cups fine cornmeal
1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
2 oz cheddar cheese grated
1 scant cup of milk
3 table spoons vegetable oil
1. Lightly oil a 12 cup muffin pan
cook corn in boiling water for 2 minutes
2. Put cornmeal, flour, and baking powder in a bowel and mix together.
Stir in corn carrots, cheese, and onions
3. Whisk the milk with eggs and oil, add to bowel.
Stir until gently combined, then divide among muffin cups
4. Bake in preheated oven at 425f.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and just firm.
6. Cool on wire rack.
Flax seed meal muffins
Goal: create a muffin that is low gi reason: corn meal muffin recipe is mid GI. Due to the corn meal and the corn.
This experiment will only subsitue flax seeds
Substitute the corn meal with flax seed. 1 1/2 flax seed.
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 cup (100g) butter, melted
3 tsp gluten free baking powder
2 cups gluten free flour
Lightly oil a muffin tray and preheat oven to 210C.
Mix melted butter, water, maple syrup and eggs together.
Add flour and Baking Powder and mix. The mix will be sloppy – it should be!
Fill muffin tins nearly to the top, and bake 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown and firm to the touch.
GF flour I put together (June 22, 2013)
1/4 Amaranth flour
1/4 Amarath Flour
1/4 Amarath Flour
1/2 white rice flour
1/2 coconut flour