cupcake paper molds
1/2 cup 50 g ground almonds
1/2 cup 75 g gluten free all purpose flour
1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
1/2 cup/125 g unsalted butter softened
2/3 cups/125g light brown sugar
finely grated zest of 1 lemon, plus 3 tablespoons juice
1 3/4 cups/225 g confection’s sugar
orange and yellow food colouring
1. Line tray with 18 paper baking cups
2. Put the almons, flour, paking powder, butter, sugar, eggs, and lemon zest in a large bowl. Beat with a hand-held electric mixer for about 2 minutes until smooth and creamy.
3. Using teaspoons, divide the mixutre among the paper baink cups. Bake in a preheated over at 350F for 20-25 minutes until golden and just firm to the touch. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
4. To decorate, put the lemon juice in a bowl and whisk in the confectioner’s sugar to make a smooth paste. Transfer half to another bowe and colour one half orange, the other yellow.
5. Put 2 teaspoons of each color icing in a plastic bag and squeeze into a corner. Cut off the tiniest tip so the icing can be piped from the coner. Spoon the remaining icing over th cakes spreading to the corners with a metal spatual.
6. Using the icing in the bags, pipe simple flower shapes over the cakes so the colors contrast. Alternatively pip the children’s initials or a message on the the cakes.