Makes 2 servings
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup golden raisin (optional)
- Raspberries and banana
- Soymilk, almond milk or other dairy-free milk
1. Place quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer; rinse well under cold running water. Transfer to small saucepan.
2. Stir in water, brown sugar, maple syrup and cinnamon.
bring to a boil, reduce heat; Simmer, covered 10 to 15 mintues until quinoa is tender and water is absorbed.
3. Add rasins, if desired for last 5 minutes of cooking time.
2. Top quinoa with raspberries and bananas. Serve with soymilk.
Ingrediants: 3 1/2oz 100g milliet flakes
1/2 cup/25 g chopped mixed nuts
1/3 cup/50 g golden raisins
1/2 cup 50 g dried apricots, prunes, or dates, chopped
1/3 cup/25 g dry unsweetened shredded coonut
3 tablespoons/25 g sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons/25 g linseeds
1. Put the millet and nuts in a heavy skillet and cook over a gentle heat, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes until they begin to colour. Tip them into a bowl and leave to cook for 10 minutes
2. Add the dried fruit, coconut, seeds and mix together well. Store in a jar or bowl for up to one week. Server with either milk or fruit juice.
Anthea special nut free blend:
cinnamon, ginger, and raisins