- 1 banana
- 1 measure of Caribbean rum
- 1 cup 8floz/250ml chipped ice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Place all the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend for about 3 minutes
5 cinnamon sticks
1 small piece of ginger root
3 whole cardamoms (slightly crushed)
Dried orange rind (optional)
Put spices in glass jar. Add vodka to cover all spices.
Let it stand for 2-3 days.
300 mL (1 1/4 cup) sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1.5 L red wine (any kind, cheap is OK)
Mix and heat until sugar is dissolved.
Add strained Part 1 to part 2.
Heat but don’t boil before serving. Serve in cups with raisins and slivered almonds.