Special NOTES: Be sure to quarter the potatoes. They will be easier to extract from boiling water to mash them
- 1/2 cup of brown lentils
- 1/2 cup of red lentils
- 2 cups of water
- 2 medium sized potatoes peeled and quartered
- 1 finely chopped celery stalk
- 1 finely chopped carrot
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1. Rinse brown lentils in cold water several times
2. Boil quartered potatoes and cook until tender, when potatoes are cooked, remove into mixing bowel; mash and set aside
4. To the pot add lentils carrots, onions, celery, water and vegetable stock to pot bring to a boil and simmer for about 30 minutes or until lentils are soft.
5. Add cloves, salt and pepper, simmer for another 15 minutes
6. Add mash potatoes, mix and simmer for 10 min.