1 small onion finely chopped
1 cup of shredded carrots
1 heaping cup of frozen corn
1 1/2 cups fine cornmeal
1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
2 oz cheddar cheese grated
1 scant cup of milk
3 table spoons vegetable oil
1. Lightly oil a 12 cup muffin pan
cook corn in boiling water for 2 minutes
2. Put cornmeal, flour, and baking powder in a bowel and mix together.
Stir in corn carrots, cheese, and onions
3. Whisk the milk with eggs and oil, add to bowel.
Stir until gently combined, then divide among muffin cups
4. Bake in preheated oven at 425f.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and just firm.
6. Cool on wire rack.
Flax seed meal muffins
Goal: create a muffin that is low gi reason: corn meal muffin recipe is mid GI. Due to the corn meal and the corn.
This experiment will only subsitue flax seeds
Substitute the corn meal with flax seed. 1 1/2 flax seed.